Master Program in Community Nutrition
About the Program
The Master and Doctorate Program is heald under the Study Program of Nutrition, faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia. The day-to-day activities are mostly conducted at the SEAMEO RECFON Building.
- Comprehension community nutrition knowledge from scientific evidence.
- Ability to identify nutrition situation/problems/needs and its determinant factors and possible solutions.
- Ability to manage nutrition research/intervention/program, including writing report, implementing research/intervention/program, analyzing and interpreting results and drawing conclusions and propose recommendations.
- Ablility to communicate research/intervention/program results both in written and oral to different stakeholders.
Magister Gizi (M.Gizi) (translated in English as Master of Science in Nutrition) awarded by the Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia
- Holder of a Bachelor degree (“Sarjana/S1”) in food or nutrition or other related fields.
- Pass the selection process organized by University of Indonesia.
- Have a minimum TOEFL score of 450 or equivalent proven proficiency in English language.
- Submit necessary documents to the University of Indonesia :
Filled registration form of the University of Indonesia
Copies of legalized academic transcript and certificate
Copy of ID card
2 pieces of recent color photograph sized 3x4
Other documents according to the University of Indonesia registration procedure.
The following documents are to be submitted to the SEAMEO RECFON UI :
of proven proficiency in English language, short statement outlining the reason of interest in the training program and plans for future professional career, 2 recommendation letters from previous academic institution and/or current employer)
Schedule for registration of new academic year is arranged by the Student Selection Committee of University of Indonesia. Approximately it is in January-March (1st Phase) and April-June (2nd Phase). Detail information and online registration is available at www.penerimaan.ui.ac.id.
The program starts annually in August. It takes 4 semesters, covering 42 credits. Training is given in English and implemented in block system. The first year covers 17 courses (total 34 credits), while the second year is devoted for research thesis including thesis seminars (total 8 credits). Participants will attend lectures, discussion sessions, seminars, group work, laboratory work, and field study, which provide motivating learning environment.
Lecturers consists of the SEAMEO RECFON academic staffs, national as well as international guest lecturers coming from universities, research institutions, government offices, industries, non-government organizations, and UN agencies.
The program is well supported with modern teaching aids, computer facilities, 24-h free internet access, nutrition related laboratory (biochemical and body composition), and library completed with up to date reference books and nutrition related in international journals.